For our Engineering team at Lysaker, we are searching for a competent and engaged Software Engineer. We can offer challenging tasks in an up-tempo, dynamic and forward-leaning environment. You will join a non-bureaucratic, very flexible distributed team. The position is open for immediate hiring.
- High focus on our internal end-users. There is a short way from idea to implementation and your software will become mission critical for our company.
- Working on our full value chain interacting with the thousands of embedded seismic recording units, handling hundreds of TB of data, extracting, analysing and presenting the data, even remotely over satellite link.
- Team oriented, but also self-driven and able to seek required information, and solve tasks individually. Your work is not based on detailed instructions. This requires excellent problem solving skills and a strong focus on quality.
This implies working with a wide range of technologies from web based user interfaces, advanced graphics, statistics, handling huge data amounts, clustered systems, networks and interacting with manufacturing systems like robots and PLCs.
It is important that you want to participate in all phases of the development process from creating ideas, analyse requirements, prioritise, develop architecture and design, implement, test, maintain, code-review and deploy code.
We expect you to contribute to improving engineering practices, selecting appropriate technologies, tools and infrastructure, while maintaining high quality standards.
Knowledge and skills:
- Good programming skills in C++, python, web oriented languages, frameworks and tools, visualization and databases.
- Familiar in mathematics areas like signal theory, statistics, computer graphics.
- Willingness and ability to work long hours when needed and at irregular intervals.
You will be working in an international team requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Active participation and compliance with the company’s QHSE Management System is required.
Education and experience:
- B Sc or M Sc in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related disciplines.
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal competency.
Deadline for applications: 01 May 2017 – Applications will be processed as they are received.
Application and CV, e-mail to: email@example.com
Use SOFTWARE ENGINEER as headline in your E-mail
Questions regarding the positions: Please contact Jeanette Mohn, HR-huset – Phone +47 911 38 670