To ensure that the growth of Magseis becomes the success we envisage, we are seeking a Field QHSE Advisor. The position is open for immediate hiring.
The position is mainly field based, rotating around the crews and sites, acting as an interface between the office and field crews to ensure that all activities are managed and that the Magseis management system is functional and implemented on the vessel/crew/site(s).
Working with the line management onboard the vessels/crews/ yards/sites to ensure that:
- all activities are managed, ensuring delivery of products safely and with minimal environmental impact
- site and project hazards are identified and documented through the hazard register(s), reviewed regularly and controls assigned and implemented
- the Magseis management system is functional and implemented.
- Instil a culture where every individual working on behalf of Magseis feels a sense of ownership for their own and their co-workers health and safety, and feel empowered to act upon that.
- Ensure that field crew have received training and have the competence they require to work safely
- Identifying gaps and improvements in the Magseis management system and work with the office QHSE department to fill those gaps.
- Act as an advisor, coach and mentor in all QHSE aspects, whilst driving line management ownership of workplace QHSE.
- Work with the party/site managers to create sustainable routines for long term QHSE management
- Work with major contractors (marine crew(s), yard management etc) to ensure that their management systems are functional and implemented
Education, skills and experience
- University degree or equivalent
- International NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of Seismic Industry QHSE Codes of Practice
- Qualified lead auditor to ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Minimum 5 years experience with marine seismic QHSE or other relevant experience
- Experience working with and ensuring implementation of Quality and HSE Management systems
- Experience with ISO 14001 an advantage
- Excellent communication skills at a level with the crews
- Ability to deliver training and mentoring to build competence in formal and practical settings
- Sufficiently fit and healthy to pass an offshore medical and basic offshore survival course
- Worldwide travel, sometimes on short notice
- Willing and able to work long hours at irregular intervals, office work will also be required periodically
- Hold a valid Passport with no restrictions to worldwide travel
Deadline for applications: 31 August (Applications will be processed as they are received)
Application and CV
Use FIELD QHSE ADVISOR as headline in your E-mail
Questions regarding the positions:
Please contact VP QHSE Susan Penty